Effra is an inclusive setting where we strive to help every child to achieve their full potential.
However some children may have additional needs or disabilities that can make it harder for them to learn than other children of the same age. This is a Special Educational Need.
We are committed to supporting children with SEND so that they will be able to achieve their potential, and become confident individuals. This support will be tailored to meet individual children’s needs, will be delivered through high quality teaching, and may be in additional to normal teaching.
Nursery staff will work in partnership with parents and carers who will be fully involved in decision making and planning to meet their child’s needs.
If your child has any additional needs, or if you have any concerns about your child’s development, behaviour or speech and language please let us know either when filling in your application form or at your home or school visit once you have been offered a place.
This will help us to make sure your child gets the support they need as quickly as possible, and support us to get the settling in process right to suit the needs of your child.
- Learning to talk is about sharing and enjoying each other’s company. Children learn to talk by interacting with the people around them.
- They need you to talk to them and respond to the sounds they make, when they smile at you, or look at and reach out for things.
- Try to spend some time every day playing and talking with your child.
- Get down to your child’s level so that they can easily see your face.
- Watch to see what they are looking at or doing, and talk about it.
- Keep your language simple, emphasise the important words – repeat them again.
- Stick to the ‘here and now’ and things you can point to.